Through our unique and quality approach, Jernigan Homes aims be the premier designer and builder of comfortable and efficient custom homes in the Wilmington area.
We build high quality homes that are healthy, comfortable, energy efficient, and quiet. Our homes are inexpensive to operate and easy to maintain. They hold fast their structural integrity and financial value and are designed to maintain their functionality as your needs change.
Our systematic approach to building (Samm’s System©) is low-stress, predictable and consistent while meeting and exceeding your desires and expectations. Our hope is that our homes will facilitate an atmosphere of low-stress living, a sanctuary where you and your family will find health and happiness for many years to come.
Some special points about our homes:
- Start with the clearing of the lot. We do not allow clearing debris or anything else to be buried. (No worry of finding a nasty surprise when you install a pool.)
- Footings are wide and deep and well reinforced.
- Floors have Tongue and Groove ADVANTECH® glued. (Quiet and solid.)
- All exterior walls are sheathed with wood. (Stronger than alternates.)
- Exterior walls are typically 2×6.
- Posi-Temp Moen Faucets are used throughout.
- Bathrooms, Laundry Rooms, and horizontal drain runs are sound insulated and only high quality low sone (Quiet!) bath fans are used.
- Un-faced insulation is used on exterior walls. (NO poly.) This gives better drying potential within the wall cavity.
- Of course you can see this but we often use a high level of trim. (Crown mouldings, wide baseboards, wide casing, special front doors, Traditional stairways.)
- You can see this too, but we spend a great deal of time fine tuning our floor plans to the point we think they are the best out there.
- We like to use tile in our baths.
- We like light and pay close attention to amount and placement of windows.
- We paint different. We try not to paint on the outside. We use as much vinyl as good design will allow. (Normally, we have to use some wood to get the detail we want on entrances and dormers.)
- Our heating and air systems are high SEER with superior installation and thick insulation (R-8 duct wrap), and carry up to a 10-year warranty. We also use fresh air intakes, multiple zoning and continuous ventilation to make your home comfortable.
- We try to set our Carpet, Appliance, Lighting, and Landscape allowances a little generous for our price point.
- We do everything we can to keep you from finding out first hand about our excellent warranty service, but when you use your warranty you will find us responsive and genuinely concerned with the long-term enjoyment of your new home.